Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Turn in the Road - Part II

Change is a good thing. If we don't change then we're not growing. We need to grow and mature. I am not the same person I was 16 years ago. I don't even remotely want to be that same person. I look back and wonder, "Who was that guy?"

Over the course of those 16 years, the road was not straight. There have been many turns that have presented themselves. Some I took with great trepidation, while others I whipped around cause I knew that I knew where I'd end up.

I wish I could say that I have always gracefully handled every twist and turn that has come my way....but I haven't always done that. Sometimes rather than take the turn, I have kept going straight and ended up in the ditch for a while. Thankfully God has been there for me. That's the amazing thing about God. He is there when I take the turn as well as when I end up in the ditch.

That's what is amazing about love.

The only way to learn is to actually get out there and be a part of life. The only way to learn is actually get your hands dirty. Most people actually have to do the job themselves in order to grasp the concept.

I can be shown how to do it but it's not until I actually do it that I learn. I don't learn by someone telling me what to do. We learn by experience.

So as difficult change is to our minds, take the turn in the road. Be where God wants you to be. Listen to His Voice. Follow His leading. Look into His eyes and let His eyes do the talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment