Saturday, October 9, 2010

I find that in the midst of the twists and turns on the journey intriguing to be a part of. There is a word that has been on my mind the past few days. When I looked up the definition of it I thought it was very interesting and possibly prophetic for as to where I am right now in my journey. The word is proceed:

Proceed: Move forward, esp. after reaching a certain point

It is imperative for us to pay attention to the proceeding Word that comes from the heart and mind of the World where we came from. This is the way Jesus lived His life on earth. This was the whole reason as to why He came in the first place: to show us the way Adam was meant to live before he took a detour and ended up outside of where he was to live.

In the temptation of Jesus in the Wilderness, Jesus made a statement that I admire. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that PROCEEDS from the mouth of God."

As long as I rely on that which I can see, I am missing the whole point. The proceeding word governs our lives. Or at least it should.

I'm taking the turn in the road cause if I don't I might end up in a river and drown. The journey is meant to be lived knowing the Voice, following the Voice, being led by the Voice. Listen to the ever proceeding word that comes from His Heart.

We have been taught to be led by the Spirit. We need to take the opportunity when the Spirit leads. Life rarely looks the way we think it should. That's okay. As long as He's leading and speaking, follow the Voice.

Jesus said, "My sheep KNOW the Voice of the Shepherd. They know My Voice." If you know His Voice, then it be best to follow the Voice. It may not be understood by others but as long as you know in your heart that the Voice has spoke and is ever leading, that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment