Saturday, October 30, 2010

Biography, Scars, and Referring: One Doesn't Close Chapters in Theirs Lives Without Referring Back

As chapters to life close and open, we must always remember to refer back to some of those chapters. Remember the powerful times, the glorious hours, the friendships, the lessons learned from living life. We all are authors of our biographies. People read them every day. People partake of our lives everyday.

There have been times I have closed chapters of my life and haven't referred back to them because some were very painful. Yet those chapters in life are very important. As I talked about in the last blog, some of those chapters have scarred my heart. That is part of my biography. But people read those scars and can identify with my biography.

I identify with other biographers scars and lessons learned.

The greatest sign of healing is when one can refer back to previous chapters, feel a bit of the pain but not allow that pain to control them. I'm not there yet. I'm on my way there...I think that this is a lifelong experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment