Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moving Forward, Reconnections and the Journey

Well I have spent some time contemplating, thinking about God did in my life over the course of this past weekend at the first anniversary service for Forward Church. It's hard to believe that a year ago God began to move upon my heart to connect to the church. I've had an amazing experience, made alot of good friends and family.

This weekend we had two pastors from Ohio have our services. Saturday night was so powerful. It caused me to realize that I can still believe in the dreams that God has for me. I must not let go of the dream.

Sunday morning was just as powerful.

Though I was tired, I felt I needed to go hear one of the pastor's preach at another church Sunday night. Again there was a deep impartation presented.

There was a song sung that totally went deep into my heart and I've been singing it all week:

I'M NOT GOING BACK
I'M MOVING AHEAD
I'M HERE TO DECLARE TO YOU
MY PAST IS OVER IN YOU

This is what the weekend meant for me. It's about moving forward.... to not be content staying where I am at in my life.

I once again found a couple of friends from my camper days as a teenager on Facebook. I find it so amazing all these reconnections coming my way. I believe there is a reason for it.

I'm very excited for the weekend. I am going down to visit with a friend and meet his wife and son. Again another connection from my camp days....after all these years.... it's like we never lost touch.

You may wonder about these reconnections.... isn't that going back to the past? Not at all.... I really believe that reconnections are meant for the future. God has something in mind.... I'm embracing this.

I wonder:
what does the second year of Forward Church mean to me?
what does the reconnections mean?

I'm looking forward to the journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment