Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Journey: One Year of Risks, Faith, and Water Walking

One year.

An Anniversary.

A new day for me.

A life changing, life-altering day.

That's how I describe this weekend coming.

August 1st, 2010, I got ready for a morning church service. I didn't know anyone at this new church I was about to go to. I knew of them but that was all. I walked in, and felt at home even though I didn't know these people.

These people: are who I now call dear friends.

I didn't go there expecting to make it my home church. I knew a change was coming into my life. I didn't know what that change was going to look like. I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of going. I almost did. I'm so glad I didn't. I opened myself up to love, to friendship.

We all have a journey we must walk. We must be open to the twists and turns of that journey. To hear God's voice sometimes requires us to take a risk. To follow in His footsteps requires us to take a risk. We sometimes need to step out of the boat of familiarity and defy gravity.

Those first few weeks required me to walk on water so to speak. Now I know that Jesus was walking on the water with me. I continue to trust the journey.

I look forward to the 2nd year of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment