Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What I Would Do.... the Journey from Pain to Growth

I hate to see people in pain. I hate to see those I love with all my heart end up having a broken heart themselves. If I could I would protect them from having to experience such feelings.

As good as my intentions may be: there's nothing I can do.

It's a helpless feeling actually.

I'd fight, scream, cry... anything if it would mean that those I love were safe from being hurt.

Sometimes it is through pain that growth happens. If I protect those I love from pain then maybe they won't learn the lessons they need.

Do I wish someone would have protected me? Yes and no. I don't enjoy being broken hearted. I don't enjoy pain.

BUT

I have learned so much in my 35 years....sometimes through the hardships of life. I can't discredit the school of hard knocks, broken hearts and the freedom of souls.

It's hard to stand back and watch. But it's something that I need to do. I need to pray and trust that the same God who brought me through will bring through the ones I love.

Some of you are about to embark a journey that is something you never thought you'd walk but I know you will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment