Saturday, June 25, 2011

Clay's Week in Review

What a week it has been. It's been extremely busy but oh so enjoyable. It all started last Saturday night with my niece's pinning ceremony. This is a ceremony that celebrates the achievements of the Practical Nursing program. My niece is now a Practical Nurse. There's one more hurdle to come in September. It's a big exam that gives her the liscence. I'm very happy and excited that after all she has been through this last two and a half years that she worked hard at what she loves to do.

Monday night was my nephew's prom. He was very handsome in his tux. His date was absolutely stunning in her dress. They made a lovely couple. The excitement I felt was overwhelming. I felt as if I were living my experience through him. I didn't go to my prom which had been my choice but now looking back I wonder if I missed out on the experience.

Wednesday night was his graduation. I am so proud. I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging. He won 8 awards that evening. One for Chemistry. One for French. He had high honors. I don't even remember all the awards he won. He also had a few scholarships as well. He's going to the University of New Brunswick to pursue Science in the field of medicine. The thought that he may find a cure for some disease...oh wow. :) Anything is possible.

Friday morning was my niece and sister's graduation. Who would have thought that a mother and daughter would graduate together. My sister graduated with honors and she also was chosen for the principal's award. I was so proud and excited for her. She had some tough hurdles to cross over the year but she did it! God helped her. I know there were many tears shed, frustration felt but God saw fit to give her the strength to not only complete but also to thrive.

So three wonderful and important people in my life begin to embark on a journey of new things. I pray that this same stamina will be imparted to me to embark new things too.

I was very encouraged last night by watching the news. For whatever reason, I have been praying for a small community. I really don't have any connection to this community other than I had been there a few times as a teen. I always felt some sort of connection to this community. Anyways, last night I heard that a business is going to be expanding there.

You may wonder why I was encouraged by this. The reason is that I have been praying for this community and felt that there were businesses that were going to bring life back to this community. The last time I had been there, I felt this deep sadness. I felt like I had been transferred to a desert. God is wanting to take this community and bring it back to life. Not to just it's former glory but to a present glory. So this is exciting for me.

I have also been encouraged by talking to friends this week. I have talked to a friend I haven't seen in 25 years. She shared some of her story with me. We all have a story that needs to be shared. I am so glad she trusted me enough to share. :)

I also talked with a friend who has been having a bit of health issues. I've been praying for doors to open and close for him. I really believe it's going to happen.

My pastor encouraged me with an email concerning the way I had been handling background vocals at church. I don't have a soft voice...ha. I have so enjoyed singing background vocals. It is a bit different for me. I am used to just being completely spontaneous with singing where background vocals require me to be a bit more controlled....which isn't a bad thing. It's been a very positive experience.

So life is good. I don't know what's ahead. Maybe that's the beauty of it. I heard someone say once that it's not the destination but the journey that is beautiful. Maybe they're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment