Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Birthday - It's Not Just Another Day.

Not too many may realize this about me so I'm going to take a little bit and share some of my heart in this blog. For as long as I can remember, I have suffered from seasonal depression. There are three months of the year that tend to be really difficult to handle. May is one of those months. I'm not sure as to why this is the case. Part of it may have to do with I'm usually alone. I don't make friends easily. I am a loner. I normally don't mind being alone but there are times when I want friendship desperately.

It's never good to be alone when you are depressed because the internal conversation tends to be severe and brutal.

I am very thankful to say that this past May hasn't been bad at all for depression. I believe it's because I have this understanding of friendship. I wasn't alone this past month.

However, the past few days of the month of June has been a bit depressing. I thought to myself, "Ugh, here we go. We must be making up for lost time."

I turn 35 today. I'm not married. I don't have children. Alot of people my age are married, have children and even some have grandchildren. It's not that I don't want to be married or have children because I do. I just haven't met the right person. If I were to dwell on this, it would be depressing.

I thought today was just going to be another day. I had an anniversary party to go to for an Aunt and Uncle. I saw alot of family and a few friends. That was nice. Thanks for encouraging me.

My Facebook page has had alot of Birthday Wishes on it.....friends from High School, friends from Maine, Georgia, Maryland, friends I know, friends I've never met. These messages have caused me to realize just how blessed I am. I am not alone. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

I feel hopeful. Another year to share my life and thoughts with you. I hope to encourage and inspire you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment