Thursday, September 29, 2011

God Speaking: When Hearts are Prepared and The Time is Right: Look Out. Power is Released.

I've been thinking about God speaking to us as His children. I've had way too many experiences in my life to even think of denying that He speaks. I started to hear God speak as a teenager. I didn't always know how to handle what I heard. I shared things probably more out of zeal than wisdom. But that's how we learn, right?

I would hear things and just speak them out.

I don't do that as much as I used to. Not to say that I don't still do that. But I try to be sensitive now. Wait for the right time to share. Let the word settle deep in my heart. When the time is right, then deliver it.

I've learned just how important tone is when delivering the Word that God places in my heart. Wrong tones just hurt people. When the tone is right in the delivery, man.... how effective.

I've learned to give the word I hear and sense out of love. I love the people that I minister to. I love the people that God wants to heal, restore, deliver, free up. Love is the motivation. It has to be.

Last evening, as I was trying to nod off to sleep, I felt God speaking and ministering to people who I know on just a name basis. I haven't met them yet. But I know that God wants to meet them where they are. He wants to speak His love to them. He wants to speak His Heart to them. And I believe He will in His time.

I get excited when God starts speaking to me and sharing His heart with me. That's another thing I've had to learn....hold onto the word. Don't deliver it out of my excitement because maybe they're not ready to hear the word yet. God prepares people's heart to be able to receive the word. When hearts are prepared and the word is given in the right time: my, my... what a combination. When these two things come together, the power of God is released to do what the word was sent to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment