Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Milestones, The Fear, & Love's Whisper

Today is a big day for my niece. She has her last spinal tap, her last chemo treatment. It has been a long two year journey for her and her family. If it seems long to me, her uncle, then it must seem twice as long for her.

There have been alot of highs and lows along the two year journey. Alot of questions have marked the journey. Alot of emotion both of success and frustration....fear and joy. Lots of prayer have been markers along the way.

There have been many friends and family who have prayed for her over the last two years. I could never repay you for your kind words of encouragement, your faith, your love and support. You have stood beside us and I am pray that I can stand by you in your time of need. I pray you never have to walk the road of cancer. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Of course, now that we near the end of this journey, there is always that nagging fear in the back of one's mind. Some may not understand that. Some will say "Well, that's not faith!" Maybe it isn't but if they haven't been through something like this they have no idea of what the journey is like. Sometimes it's easier to give the pat religious answer rather than acknowledge what every human being faces from time to time in their lives.

One of the songs I plan to sing at Relay for Life is called "Love's Whisper is Louder". It deals with the thought of fear. Fear is there. We might as well acknowledge it. Thankfully though, Love's whisper is louder than the voice of fear. May love's whisper always be louder for you in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment