Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Chapters of Life: Beginnings, Discoveries of Trust in Not Understanding


Each chapter of life has a beginning, a genesis. It has a story...life is made up of small intricate details. Some of these details are mundane and of no relevance to anyone but the one who is living it. Some details are life altering. Some details take some time to discover how they fit into the chapter being written. 
To understand your beginning you have to look to THE BEGINNING..THE AUTHOR OF LIFE. To comprehend the journey you have to focus with undivided focus on THE ONE who leads and guides with His rod of truth.
  • He’s the Author and Finisher of our faith
  • He’s the Alpha and Omega
  • In the Beginning, God…
  • He who began a good work will continue
Within the context of the journey, is the issue of trust. What we call blindsided, God calls His handiwork. There have been chapters in my story that I would have chosen to leave out. In order to grow faith will entail going through some things and circumstances that will stretch our faith. There are things that I have tried to pray away but that would be like trying to stop a freight train.
This issue of trust bears a question: Do I trust God enough to walk the journey? 

Sure I can check out any time I want to. I can sit on the picnic table of life and let life pass me by. I've done it. And yet that ever gentle Voice I hear edging me to the surface, to take a deep breath and take a leap into trusting Him is there and I find myself grateful that I took the step. 

There is redemption in every story if one is willing to look deep enough. Thank God for the train wrecks in life. Thank God for the tears, the hurts, the rejections (whether real or perceived). Sure I wouldn't want to go through them again but I sure learned alot in life. 
Great faith doesn't come from cute little religious, positive thinking, kind of living. Great faith comes from the big inhale and exhale of living, of saying under your breath, "Here it goes God"... Great faith comes from trusting God in it all. .... When I Don't Understand.... that's where you find real trust. I don't need trust necessarily in those times and seasons where I understand.....I need it in the times when my heart is overwhelmed... LEAD ME TO THE ROCK.... 
Trust is discovered in the NOT UNDERSTANDING... because it brings us to the place where the gold is hidden. 
Here we started talking about the beginning....look to THE BEGINNING in these times of NOT UNDERSTANDING. Don't settle for not understanding but allow yourself to understand and discover in the times of Not Understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment