Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hope Doesn't Disappoint

1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Key Verse:
5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I don’t know about you but I have experienced some disappointment in life. Life hasn’t always been kind or shown me grace. Some of my deepest dreams and desires were crushed. I’ve lost friendships along the way due to misunderstanding.

The day my niece was diagnosed with Lukemia, I can tell you, I was very disappointed.

When my health scare came along, I was disappointed.

When my dream of being an assistant to my pastor didn’t come true, I was disappointed.

What is hope?

In the midst of difficulty, there is a trust that goes beyond human understanding. Trust has got my family through all these health issues.

Trust has kept me and caused me to dream bigger than I have ever dreamed before.

Hope caused me to turn even deeper into my relationship with Jesus Christ. Where else can I go?

Hope: There is a refuge that we have. My refuge is in knowing that no matter what I may face in life, I still have God with me.

There is this expectation in God.

In Merriam Webster Dictionary, it defines hope as this:
to cherish a desire with anticipation.
to expect with confidence

Hope causes me to cherish my relationship with God no matter what giant is in front of me. There is no disappointment in hope. I learn quickly to allow God room to do what He desires to do. As I do this, my love for God grows because I know that it is His love within that causes me to walk in the season set before me.

This is the reason why hope doesn’t disappoint. Love is in action. Love is what sees us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment